Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hello..again

It's been almost a year since I have updated my blog. Why have I returned? Simply because I love to write. Expressing my thoughts through words is healing for me. For the handful of folks that may click their way over to my blog, I hope to provoke thought in the simplest way by the words that flow from my keyboard.

Life is the craziest journey our minds can comprehend, it's all we know. It's a journey that nobody asked for but everyone will complete. My desires rest in doing life well. To be proud of my failures that fuel me to change and to rejoice when all the beauty that God has wired me to be becomes a natural outflow that brings glory to the only one that matters, my Lord.

My Lord, who have you created your children to be? Your children are created for virtue. Virtue that lies in your truth and purity. Your children are created for greatness, to be great for your namesake in a desperate sea of insufficiently. Your children are created to be a vessel for your miracles and wonders far beyond what the human mind is capable of understanding.

I have had a difficult time swallowing all that lately. Am I really made for greatness? Is this "virtuous" woman I desire to be far out of reach? Why is insufficiency all to familiar in my life? I think I know the answer and it's that on most days I'm not willing to fight in the battle I was chosen to take part in.

Where is my focus? Where does my identity lie on the days where God seems so out of reach? Am I seeking to be unconditionally attached to my Lord or do I seek to be satisfied away from Him?

Probably one of my most favorite quotes, because it is never dull to my ears...

"God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him." -John Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment