Saturday, February 6, 2010

Time for an update!!

So, God has been teaching me so much lately! Reading back through my journal I don't think I read an entry that didn't say, "GOD IS AWESOME!!" Because He totally is!
I am having to learn what it truly means to trust the Lord and along side all He is teaching me I've had the opportunity to apply much of what I'm learning at Joshua to these situations.

I feel as though the easiest way to share my heart and what the Lord is doing is to rewrite parts of my favorite journal entries from a little bit ago.

January 29
One of my favorite classes here is Old Testament. I had never taken the time to diligently read the OT because I've always had a hard time applying it. Lately I can't get myself to read anywhere else!
Exodus 14:13-14 "Moses answered the people, 'Do not be afraid. Stand firm & you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still."
Lord, don't let me become like the Israelites! I trust that you have great plans & I can trust you even though what you're asking of me isn't clear. I am scared to fail but I trust you know best.
God poured down manna for the Israelites and gave them exactly the right portion. He told them not to save any & when they did it spoiled and became maggot infested!
I am not to be greedy with what the Lord gives me. I must continually remind myself that "mine" is HIS!


I have learned that so much of what I desire to possess in the Lord will not come by my own efforts. God is in the business of changing hearts and the only way to seek true change is to humbly come before the Father and ask and ask and ask!

We serve such an incredible God and because I have experienced what it is to live authentically, I can't help but crave that for every person I know! Allow God to transform you! Submerge yourself in His word and APPLY IT! This life is not about you. It is not about what you can accomplish it is about glorifying the God of the universe! I heard an incredible quote the other day that sounded something like, "Through every single one of our actions we hold authority for who or what it is we are representing."

That is straight up! God has given us authority when we are in Him! How incredible is that!? But when we are not in Him we hold authority for whatever it is we are representing. I challenged you to write that on your mirror, on your dashboard, anywhere to remind you that every choice you make gives you authority. Let it be governed by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment