Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hey guys. I can't believe it's already October 1st. Time is seriously flying already and week 3 of Joshua is almost over. We just got back from Wildwood last night. We knew that we had a leadership trip planned for this week but nobody had any idea on the details. Monday morning we were woken up by the lights turning on in the room and duffle bags laying on the ground telling us we had 30 minutes to be packed and downstairs (It was 4:30am).
We hiked to Wildwood and once we got there we found out that we weren't allowed to wear makeup, have any clocks or electronics and all the mirrors in the bathroom were covered. It was an amazing time of getting to know everyone in the group grow as a family. Each day we were split up into 3 co-ed groups to do group initiatives together.
Tuesday night we were sent out into different parts of the woods all split up with our Bible's, flashlight, and black garbage bag (cause it was suppose to rain) and we didn't know the time or how long we were going to be out there. It ended up being almost 5 hours and it was such an amazing time with God. I learned so much about myself and realized that even with electronics, people, music, movies, tv...etc, there are always other things that distract me from spending time with God. I also realized that when ready, He's always there but I need to spend the time with Him because I want to, not because I have to.
Last night we all sat around a bonfire and Bob Phillips told us stories about Hume Lake. It was a great time. Afterwards we were all given these red bracelets that say "HUME HPI LAKE" and only people who go through Joshua or Wildwood get these red bracelets. HPI stands for, "Honesty, Purity, Integrity." We received these as a group in order to hold each other accountable for the things we said we would commit to. I think it's really neat to be in a community of people who all have one goal in mind but I am also hoping that when I come home I will be surrounded by people who will uphold me to these things as well. To everyone reading this, thank you so much for your prayers. I know that I wouldn't be doing this well up here if it weren't for people praying for me. I hope that as you see me on my weekends off and even during holidays, that you hold me accountable to all the commitments I've made while at Joshua. Love you all so much! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment