Saturday, March 26, 2011

learning, learning, learning

"Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be servant of Christ." 
Galatians 1:10 

I'm seeing the value of obedience come full circle and man does it feel good. Obedience is never dependent upon circumstances. Obedience doesn't cater to the flesh. Obedience never seeks the approval of man. Obedience is entirely dependent upon the approval of God.
I have walked a crazy 6 months with God. I have grown in unimaginable ways and been broken only to be rebuilt the way God desired I be rebuilt. To say the least, it has been an incredibly tough yet rewarding season in my life.
I am beginning to see many things come full circle. Much of my journey I walked blindly, unaware of why God was asking certain things from me that did not make sense, that made me feel more vulnerable than ever before. Not that I have all the answers to my questions, but I see that much of it was laid before me in order that God could show me who I am.
The hardest part of obedience is having to continue walking around this earth knowing that people think I'm crazy. 6 months ago, I could not have walked with my head held high, even if I was sure God was pleased with me. Now, God has given me confidence to walk boldly according to his precepts. I'm experiencing the great value in seeking the approval of God over man. 
Satan is the stealer, killer and destroyer of things from God. He is a master at his craft and seeks to taint the word of God. I am so learning what it looks like to stand against that. Even when things seem "right" in the eyes of the church or a body of believers, God should always remain the final judge of all our philosophy. The powers that work against the will of God are real and alive. There is such value in determining the fine lines and praying against any spirit that is or may come against a godly perspective.
God is so faithful and always takes over to defend his children. When you obey the Spirit of God he restores your honor, he shields you from attack, he showers you with love, he affirms your steps, he leads you on a path of righteousness to something far greater than ever imaginable. Obedience is THE most important thing. 

God will ALWAYS restore what Satan steals.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome story Lindsay. So happy to see you be able to put your life and what you have learned about God into this story. You are such a good child of God, He is taking very good care of you. Thanks for sharing your life here and that God is alive and well here on earth. Landon :)

    ReplyDelete