Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My first post on blogspot :) (Is it one word?)

I pray that the things displayed on my blog are used for the building up of others. To encourage, inspire, share and commune with anybody and everybody who's path it may cross. 

My life has been redirected the in the last 6 months and I am so excited for where I'm heading. I don't know exactly where that is, but that's okay! 
In September I will be heading off to Joshua, up at Hume Lake. I am very  hesitant to be removed from all the distractions here at home (no doubt I will miss them), but I am more excited about all that God has in store for me! It is so much more rewarding to be uncomfortable in the will of God than to be comfortable in the ways of the world. 
Today I experienced the provision, love, and power of Christ more than ever! I was planning on going to Fiji with Medical Ministries International several months ago. Because of a few different circumstances I was almost sure that it wasn't going to work out for me to go. After I heard I was accepted at Joshua I was okay with not going to Fiji. I figured the Lord knows best and financially it might be best for me not to go.
As I received flight information yesterday, I called my travel agent, got on the same flight as the group, used frequent flier miles and things were finalized in a matter of 20 minutes! I am sparing all the amazing details for the sake of time but GOD IS GREAT and my travel agent was blown away at the ease of it all! There is no explanation as to how everything has come about so smoothly except by the AMAZING grace and provision of God. I am so overwhelmed by his love for me. I am nothing on my own and today was a huge testament of my identity in Christ and the love he has for me. 

But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness. -Psalm 86:15

No comments:

Post a Comment